Friday, July 29, 2016

Poetry (Noora-Helena Korpelainen, Circle 2)

Entering into Discussion

This is poem collection about one particular subjective experience.
It’s an experience of taking place.
It’s an experience of being a newcomer.
It’s an experience of political.
Thanks to the very welcoming atmosphere here in NSU, this moment of enlivenment was smooth and happened.
You know, one can also attend school without never opening one’s mouth.

Noora-Helena Korpelainen
Circle 2: Appearances of the Political


IThought

What is this? This thing? This… that?
It’s pressure, it’s here, but it’s there
(I feel. I feel it, this… that.)
It’s expanding
(in me)
I can’t hold it for long.


A turtle wants to jump out

You know,
I don’t know
What is coming? Was it?
Is this a definition? Identification?
Is it now fixed, at place
in a poetic space
the body shakes


Hot feeling

now understand
gibberish or cry
wanting out and fly
Shall I… can I... may I...
fuck I want to follow to the land where they all others
speak-experience



Before that my concentration was on others
and I tried to understand what they were saying
Then came this liminal space-place in which
I felt like splitting in two

I had to concentrate on
the discussion that was having its world
around me, but at the same time I had to concentrate
on happenings in me. Something was going through formation





The formation was finished when I realized it

Little bit here, little bit there,
let’s not put that, lets take that.
We’ll make a nice sculpture out of this thought
...relevance of embracing environment...

Silence wrapped inaround me
Then:
1. took a breath
2. raised hand
3. opened mouth

She is a political animal. She speaks, too.




I was left with a thought.
“Is this environment only outside ourselves?
I mean, there’s lots of things going on in me that I don’t consider human.”
What do you mean?
“Well, I have experienced, for example, worms in me, have you?
Worms are not human.”
(but they have the power to make me express in a certain way)

What has political to do with inside and outside?

No comments:

Post a Comment